We are endorsed by a history.
Hundred years of business history in the metal guild precede ALUMINIO BALEAR, founded in Palma by Guillem Capó in 1971.
It was started by his grandfather, Jaume Capó, in 1875 with a smithy in Lloseta targeted to the agricultural and livestock guild. In 1908 continued his father, Sebastià Capó, who in 1950 passed the witness to his son, Guillem Capó.
After some years, Guillem opened his own business, expanding his offer to industrial machinery and locksmithing. In 1963, facing the need to adapt the business to the incipient construction that brought the rise of tourism, he opened in Palma the metallurgical workshop CAVI.
In 1969 he became the Managing Director of The Balearic Islands of the company Catalana d’Alumini, dedicated to the sale of profiles, plates and accessories of this new material for carpentry that emerged strongly in the construction industry.
In 1971 he founded ALUMINIO BALEAR and, few years later, expanded the business in the industrial state Polígono Son Castelló. There he designed and put in the market the first mud and lateral support of the Majorcan shutter in aluminum. Within a few years, the Company was consolidated in the Balearic market as a reference store for professionals in the sector.
In 1986 Guillem created the current joint-stock Company with his five children. Since his retirement his son Sebastià Capó runs the Company. Among the 16 employees are members of the third family generation of ALUMINIO BALEAR.
This year 2021, due to the 50th anniversary of the company, we have renewed the corporate image to remain at the forefront of the Balearic Islands market of aluminium.